PIGEON SofTouch™ Peristaltic PLUS Nipple caters to the 3 key steps when a baby sucks: Latching On, Peristaltic Tongue Movement and Swallowing. Allows smooth transition between feeding from breast to bottle, and eliminates issue of nipple confusion. Nipple is of perfect shape and size to fit into the sucking fossa of baby
- Latching on: The lips open outward and latch on the areola. A newborn baby has a sucking fossa that is small round cavity in the center of the upper jaw.
- Peristaltic tongue movement (sucking): ‘Wave-like’ tongue movement squeezes the nipple and extracts milk
- Swallowing: The back of the tongue rises, channeling the milk into the esophagus.
- Inner vertical lines strengthen the structure of nipples; making it collapse-resistant.
- Textured surface allows baby to latch on easily and securely
- 100% silicone nipple; super soft and flexible, allows natural and smooth tongue movement
- Air Ventilation System (AVS™) reduces intake of gas, a potential cause of colic.
How to clean the products:
Cleaning Immediately after use. Rinse in warm water and wash using a Pigeon Liquid Cleanser.
How to sterilize the product:
Sterilization Method : Boiling, Steam, Chemical
Be sure to sterilize before every use.
Boiling/Steaming sterilization: Thoroughly wash the nipple and place in water. Bring the water to a boil. Sterilize for 5 minutes after the water comes to a boil.
Chemical sterilization and microwave sterilization are possible. Use sterilizing products specifically for baby bottles and nipples. Follow the instructions in the user’s manual for these products. With chemical sterilization, the printing on the bottle may fade.